The Parke County Public Library is still unsure what the future holds but we will keep you informed as we can with our plans. We are still here to serve you though!
- Internet access around our building is available Monday – Sunday, 8am – 7pm! It can be accessed from our upper rear lot, the front stairs, the front parking areas, etc. Just please be respectful when on the library property.
- Hoopla Digital as well as OverDrive are available for all your digital resource needs!
- Visit www.parkecountypl.lib.in.us/digitalmedia to see all the databases we offer that can be beneficial for you and your children during this time!
- We are offering story time on Facebook! Mr. Chad and Director Lindsey are offering storytimes and chapter book readings. Join “PCPL Storytime!” group today.
- Mr. Chad is also taking Summer Reading “Imagine Your Story” digital this year, so be on the lookout on social media and our website for more information.
- Curbside Material Pick Up, Document Services, and Appointment Only Computer Usage are being offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am – 2pm. Please click the link “How to Curbside-Computers” below for more information.
- As of right now, we will go back to normal hours but with Elevated Sanitization the week of May 25th, or when Governor Holcomb moves us to Stage 3. Please click the link “Phased Reopening Policy” for more information and steps we are taking to protect you.
Thank you for your patience during this time. We are doing our best to serve you but also to keep us all safe.
Parke County Public Library is a great place to be. There are plenty of books for research and reading. We have many programs going on so be sure to check out our calendar and Programs page to see what events are coming up. We are also renovating sections of our library so that they will be more useful to the public. Feel free to stop in sometime and use our FREE WIFI. Check out our Ebooks & Audiobooks to get and read books on your tablets or phones.
Teen Zone / Kids Zone
The Teen Zone / Kids Zone has a NEW LOOK with more changes coming soon! We have added fun graphics to the tables in the Kids Zone. The Teen Zone has a new arrangement, it is more open and new technology has been added. Six new iPads are in this area with fun and educational games. In the Teen Zone laptops will be available for teen use, or you could bring your own.
The Alberta T. Butler room on the lower level houses our genealogy resources. Our genealogy area is known for its excellence in historical information of Indiana and specifically Parke County. The resources include books, micro film and many online resources. See our genealogy page for a list of our online resources. Ancestry.com is available free when used from the library. Our staff would be happy to assist you with your genealogy questions.
Check out our Digital Media page to see the FREE resources that we offer through the library!Also check out our NEW database A to Z the USA. This new database give you maps and the histories and information of the USA and all of its states with information about each state (ie. counties, flags, historical information, political information, census etc.)
Also check out our new A to Z the USA database. This database lists off information and history for the USA and all of its states (ie. maps, counties, political, historical, and economical information etc.)