The mission of the Friends of the Parke County Public Library is to promote excellence in library services by
working with the Library Board and staff to support the library, its services and programs. To carry out
this mission, the Friend’s focus will be on advocacy, fundraising, public relations and volunteer services.
Ongoing fund raising efforts:
IGA Barcode Labels – It’s as easy as …
- Step 1 – Friends of the Parke County Public Library is a registered group on the IGA website.
- Step 2 – Save original UPC barcodes from eligible IGA Exclusive Brand products for
proof of purchase. Collect and turn in your barcodes to the Library.
- Step 3 – Make a difference!! Your organization is free to spend toward
Friends of the Library will earn $50.00 cash for each bundle of 500 original UPC labels sent to us with a
label redemption form.
Kroger Community Rewards Program
- Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com (must have a Kroger Plus Card to register)
- Click on Sign In/Register - most are new participants so you must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the “New Customer?” box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number
- Update or confirm your information
- Enter NPO number 51666 or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
- You will notice at the bottom of your receipt that a percentage of your purchase total will go to the Friends of Library.
Some recent projects:
- Birthday Party for Shakespeare in April
- Teen summer Reading Program
- Bicentennial Map Project
- Adult Coloring on Wednesday mornings from 10-11.